- To involve those interested, no matter where they live, in the renewal and enhancement of one of Connecticut’s jewels.
- To support and foster Long Hill Estate as an historical park and Mansion, and to promote its use as a public and community resource.
- To increase public awareness of this city owned park and facility by sponsoring walks, activities, and programs.
- To encourage the maintenance of the Estate’s long tradition as a public nature conservancy.
- To raise and provide funds for improvements to the park and house beyond continuing maintenance.
Every Wednesday between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm, the Wadsworth Mansion at Long Hill Estate is open for public touring. Docents from the Friends of Long Hill lead guided tours of the Mansion; they provide a narrative that details the history of the Estate and the recent five million dollar renovation. Furniture donated by the Wadsworth Family is on display in the History Room. Tours are free of charge. The Long Hill Estate is accessible to people with disabilities, and groups are welcome.