NEWLYWED QUICK 10: Kassondra and Ian
Here at the Mansion we really strive to get to know our couples — how they approach the world and how that translates into their perfect wedding day. But after the cake is gone and the music stops and the guests go home… and a little time passes… we can’t help but wonder what actually soaked in from the wedding whirlwind for our recently-marrieds. So, we’ve devised the Wadsworth Mansion Newlywed Quick 10 Quiz as a fun little way of checking in.
Without further ado, here is the inaugural Wadsworth Mansion couple to take this happy, little jaunt down memory lane:
Spouses Kassondra and Ian
Wedding Date September 16, 2016
- Wedding colors Navy blue, gray, blush with a pop of yellow from the sunflowers
- Everything was planned by The bride and groom, but mostly the groom!!
- Favorite detail The BEAUTIFUL weather combined with the gorgeous flowers and landscape that the mansion provided
- Ceremony location Tennis Pavilion
- Most surprising thing They weren’t kidding—it goes by fast!
- Standout memory When we ran out into the lawn before the end of the reception, took a deep breath, and turned around to soak in the evening. We watched our family and friends dancing under the stars and took in how beautiful the mansion looked with the backdrop of the colorful lights. We could not believe that it was almost over, but we were so grateful!
- Would you change anything? Not one thing—it was perfect!
- 1st dance song L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole
- 3 adjectives to describe your shoes lace, comfortable, affordable
How long did they last? I still wear my wedding shoes!
- Best thing you ate Kassondra says, “Penne ala Vodka,” Ian says, “cookies and milk dessert”
|| Catering: Aqua Turf Club Catering || Photography: Live Lovely Photography || Music: DJ Flip || Cake: Take the Cake || Transportation: Premier Limo || Videography: Forever and A Day || Hotel: Residence Inn Rocky Hill || Rentals: CT Rental Center || Flowers: Price Chopper || Officiate: Rev. Gary Deinstadt ||
Natalie Newman Locke, the Event Supervisor and a Wadsworth Mansion bride herself, is a seasoned wedding & production professional. When not creatively writing, photographing weddings, or acting as social media guru, she enjoys sampling wedding cake.